Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 4

Rio Rancho, NM

Hanging out with my grandparents.

Today started off by going to a really yummy Mexican restaurant. Then we headed of to
Sandia Crest, which is an overlook on a mountain. Rio Rancho sits at about 5,300 feet, and this mountain was a little over 10,600 feet, so we knew it would be cold, we just didn't know how cold. It was 57 when we started out at the bottom, by the time we got to the top it was 26 degrees and snowing. And it was snowing pretty good. The unfortunate thing about the snow was we didn't get to see the awesome view. Ryan did, however, throw a few snowballs at me. It was still pretty cool.

After that, we went to a strange little place call the TinkerTown Museum. It is apparently world famous. It has a bunch of scenes with small dolls and toys and some of them you could animate by pushing a button. My favorite was the circus scene. All of the walls there were made of cement and glass bottles, that was kind of awesome.

So, for dinner we went to Cracker Barrel, which I didn't know existed on the west coast. Then grandpa drove us around to the different properties to look at the farm animals. We saw goats, water buffalo and camels. Two things I never thought I would see in New Mexico: snow and camels.

Tomorrow we are headed to my hometown: Henderson, NV. Sooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment