Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My friends...

So today is St. Patrick's Day and me and some lovely lady friends of mine (Shelly and Michelle) decided to grab some lunch at Olive Garden (yum!). Filled with laughs, joy and conversation, today filled me with happiness. Which brings me to my point: Of the few that I do have, I have great friends. Being a military wife, you run into a lot of different people, with all kinds of backgrounds, personality disorders and varying opinions about the world. So, it's inevitable that you will run into some bad eggs.

I've definitely met my fair share of people that I wish never crossed my path. I realized a long time ago not to put up with people that aren't worth my time, since my life never allows for me to stay in one place for very long, it's important to me to spend that time with people who are worth it. It makes me appreciate the friendships I do have and makes me that much more sad that soon I will have to leave some very special people in my life. Just wanted to give a shout out to the people who make this lifestyle more bearable and bring joy to my life every day. Love you ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that's sweet! I can't even think about how hard it is living the type of life where your obligated to move and change your life so many times. But a lot of my friends are married to the military, so I hear a lot about how it feels to make change sometimes. But it's always good to keep in contact with the friends you have always had :)

    ReplyDelete